Friday, April 13, 2012

Desperate situations

An evil cold virus has decided to descend upon me and never leave, and I was forced to give in to the purchase of cold medicine earlier this week. Generally, I try to avoid the use of medicine and simply fight through the sickness with some peppermint tea and hot showers, but as the pressure set in behind my eyeballs and I found it impossible to pay attention in class, I figured I needed to explore other options.


Of course, serious cold medicines-- the good ones that you have to ask the pharmacist for-- are a specialty product that CVS can charge whatever they want for. Thus my splurge money for Pond Skim has now been lost to an ounce of decongestant nasal spray. In this situation, my consumption behavior was forced by an inconvenient timing of a nasty cold. I wish I could have saved my money for funner things (Beer Fest anyone?) but I suppose, desperate times call for desperate measures. And this way I will get to enjoy Pond Skim without grossing everyone out with my phlegm.


No comments:

Post a Comment