Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Every Blind Date Has A "But..."

Moonlight Basin's status reads
7 inches of fresh powder and it's still falling!!
Well, obviously I'm going to come skiing. But, I take that status at its word-- I don't check the weather report, I don't check an extra snow report. And now here I am, in the Moonlight Lodge typing my blog on my phone. Wind is blowing so hard when you go down a run it pushes you back up. It makes for longer runs, but not very enjoyable runs. Now, they weren't lying- the snow is coming down and there is fresh powder. But the powder is blinding you and the wind is threatening to close a powderhounds favorite lifts. Thus, the power of leaving stuff out in advertising. This idea reminds me of a "How I Met Your Mother" episode I saw recently. Lily is trying to set Robin up on a blind date and tells her "He is sweet and nice and has a great job." Ted then rightly points out that when setting someone up there is always a "but..." As in, "He's great (but he has a peg leg)" So, in my blind date with Moonlight I missed the fine print. "The snow is great (but you won't get to enjoy it because it's so windy)". Next time I'll remember to find out the "but"

No comments:

Post a Comment