Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Seize the Deals?

"Hey, guys-- tonight is 1/2 off appetizers at Applebee's."
"Awesome, let's go!"

Are we actually interested in 1/2 off appetizers? Certainly not. My roommate suggests appetizers at Applebee's and my mind automatically goes to, "Aw man, I'm gonna get the biggest margarita they have." Hold up. . . aren't drinks full-priced? Yep. But I was ready to hop in the car and drive all the way down 19th in order to get "1/2 off appetizers" when in actuality, I'm going there to get $7 drinks.
It is not a logical connection to make once you look at it objectively, but it makes sense at the time. Restaurants and stores do that all the time-- they use a discount on one thing, knowing that you will come in (when you wouldn't have otherwise) and buy more than that at full price. Ingenious.


http://www.momfinds.com/files/2011/08/BOGO-Maternity-Jeans.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment